Especially for the specific problems in the interim period, dentist recommend Protefix® Adhesive Cushions to fill out the cavities beneath lower and upper dentures.
The adhesive cushions are made of a fine, palate-gentle fleece tissue containing sodium alginate, which after a short moistening enhances the adhesive power. And so the cushions provide effective protection against pressure spots and inflammation.
Besides the role they play in connection with interim dentures, these cushions have also proven invaluable regarding severe jaw degeneration – especially in degeneration of the lower jaw – when the jaw is very narrow or strongly flattened.
Protefix® Adhesive Cushions are in many cases the last hope for wearers of full dentures when nothing else will help hold them in place.
Fleece made of sodium alginate, viscose fibre, polypropylene fibre.
Adhesive for upper dentures
1. Check size: For smaller dentures, trim the adhesive cushion to fit with scissors.
2. Moisten cushion: Dip the adhesive cushion into lukewarm water for approx. 10 seconds and allow to drain.
3. Apply cushion: Place either side of the cushion on the moistened denture. The
rearmost 2 mm of the denture must remain uncovered.
4. Press on cushion: Press the cushion onto the dentures starting in the centre and working outwards until the cushion is smooth all over.
Adhesive for lower dentures
1. Step: For small dentures, trim the adhesive cushion to fit. Moisten the cushion and apply as described for the upper denture.
2. Press on cushion: Press the cushion into the jaw recess of the dentures using the index finger (starting in the centre and working outwards until the cushion is smooth all over). Tip: Should the adhesion begin to diminish, please remove the dentures and sprinkle the cushion with Protefix® Adhesive Powder.
Adhesive for dentures
Please note the following important advice
To be used only on healthy mucous membranes. For hygiene reasons, the Protefix® Adhesive Cushion must be changed at least once a day. Do not use after the expiry date. The use of adhesive cushions should only be temporary. Please check the adequate form of your dentures regularly.
Hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients.
In isolated cases, hypersensitivity reactions in the mucous membranes of the mouth or even systemically cannot be ruled out. If you suspect the presence of a hypersensitivity reaction, please contact your dentist.
For full dentures only. Not for partial dentures or combined dentures.